Just Some Grail has tagged me to do Crazy 8’s. Which strikes home that I have been blogging for two years and this is my first tag. (Not very well loved, are we, me and my blog? *sigh*) Anyway, here goes:
8 Things I am passionate about
Eight things? Seriously? I mean, how can you have so much passion as to spread it over eight things?I should have thought three would be quite enough!
- Does the Guy qualify as a thing? Oh, well, let’s assume he does.
- Books. I can forget the world when I’m immersed in a good book – and most of the time, the world doesn’t seem as interesting.
- Writing. Though I don’t show it much, do I? (This is your cue, faithful reader, to chip in and tell me how well I write.)
- My individuality. Expressed through my feminism, my atheism, my determination to defy convention and do what I think is right, for me.
- Work. I have to put in my heart into what I’m doing, else it doesn’t seem right. As I told my boss recently, “We spend most of our lives working. What is the point if we don’t enjoy it?” I think the real test of whether you’re in the right job is if you would do that work even if you were equally paid for not working. I was there once, am not quite there now, and would love to be there again.
- Movies. Who isn’t?
- Music. I am not well-educated about it, though. I should listen to more different kinds and not be content with just Hindi films and MTV.
- Helping others who are less fortunate. I am somewhat involved with Friends of Children, who support students in higher education, and I am in awe of the wonderful people who volunteer in this group.
8 Things I want to do before I die
- Become a full-time writer
- Travel the world (at least, to all those places in the world that I want to travel to)
Frankly, that’s all I can think of. Everything else seems insignificant in comparison.
8 Things I say often
- “What the f%$#?”
- “What the hell (or f%$#) is wrong with him/her?”
- “People are so weird!”
- “I love you!” (to the Guy, of course)
- “I’m hungry!”
- “That’s not fair!”
- “Let’s have chai!”
- “Thank you!”
8 Books I've read recently
- Agatha Christie’s A Moving Finger – an old favourite
- Agatha Christie’s The Murder of Roger Ackroyd – did I mention I love her books?
- Roald Dahl’s Matilda – loved it!
- Tim Harford’s The Logic of Life – well worth a read.
- Rohinton Mistry’s A Fine Balance
- W.M. Thackeray’s Vanity Fair
- Something by Louis L’Amour
- A Mills and Boon *grin*
8 songs I could listen to over and over
- Mera kuch saaman from the movie Ijaazat
- The Ma song from Rang de Basanti
- Hothon se choo lo tum sung by Jagjit Singh
- Man tarpat hari darshan ko aaj by Rafi
- Awaara pan banjara pan from Jism
- Jaane woh kaise log the from Pyaasa
- Norah Jones’s Come Away with Me
- Bheegi Bheegi from the movie Gangster
8 Things that attract me to my best friends
- Honesty – if I can’t trust someone, I’m not friends with them.
- Selflessness – the dearest friends I’ve ever had were people who were willing to go the extra mile for friends – which made me want to go the extra mile for them.
- Wit – if you can make me laugh, I’ll love to spend time with you.
- Intelligence and wisdom – that makes someone a pleasure to converse with and a source to learn from. Probably also explains why I have a couple of older friends I love chatting with.
- Courage – to live by what they believe is right.
- Independence – people who make their own decisions.
- Positivity – people who take control of their lives and don’t whine about how unlucky they have been.
- Some amount of wackiness – no one who is my friend could be totally sane, right?
8 People I think should do this tag
Hey I have done these before. And if you know me, you ll know how lazy I am about memes and tags to do the same thing again :) I am pasting the links in case you want to check out. This covers most of it. http://anumita.blogspot.com/2005/09/sevens.html#comments
And the music bit will be covered here. http://anumita.blogspot.com/2005/05/meme-chain.html#comments
Ah, a tag. This actually cheered me up. :)
Sorry about not taking up the tags. Here are my excuses/reasons:
1. I was on holiday when tagged for the first time.
2. I'm scared that I might get obsessed with taking up all tags like I am obsessed with reading blogs.
3. I'm downright lazy.
Some day. When I have the patience.
Post a Comment